The Angler Action Foundation improves angler access, fisheries science and marine habitat through collaborative Research, Education and Conservation programs.
We support unbiased and responsible fishery and marine regulations and and conservation, preservation, restoration, and enhancement of estuarine and coastal water habitats.
William MoteFounder Angler Action Foundation (Snook and Gamefish Foundation)
- We believe that a sustainable future for all fishery resources is in the hands of engaged and informed recreational anglers.
- We believe that the essence of recreational fishing is an enriching experience that leads to a greater appreciation of and desire to conserve natural resources.
- We believe that fisheries should be managed on the basis of the best available scientific data, transparency and positive collaboration with all stakeholders.
- We believe that recreational anglers are the essential partners in any fishery or water quality resource conservation and management effort.
- We believe that public fish stocks in salt & fresh waters are the common property of all people, and their stewardship is the privilege and responsibility of all the citizens.
- We believe that fisheries management should consider include both cultural and economic impacts along with valid and reliable data collection
- We believe that management of all fisheries include a systems approach in managing wetlands, shorelines, inland lakes and streams that provide freshwater inflows.
- We believe that all native wildlife and plant species plays an important role in the circle of life and is essential for the completeness and sustainability of our ecosystems.
- We believe that management of any species must include management of all species and habitats upon which the target species depends, including its forage species and nursery habitats.
Angler Action Foundation (formerly Snook & Gamefish Foundation) was established in 1998 to serve as a platform for anglers and conservationists to preserve, protect and enhance Snook and Gamefish populations.
Today, Angler Action Foundation has many prominent contributors and supporters. Our primary service project, the Angler Action Program, has blossomed into the premier recreational angler data collection platform on the planet, with multiple partners and platforms. Through the program, AAF has given an unprecedented voice in the management of our fisheries.
Our vision is to be the platform Where All Anglers Count.