What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you register on the Angler Action site, subscribe to the Angler Action newsletter or fill out a form.
When registering on the Angler Action site you may be asked to enter your name, e-mail address, phone number, username and password. You may, however, visit the Angler Action site anonymously.
How do we use your information?
The information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- We continually strive to improve Angler Action website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- The email address you provide may be used to send information to you, respond to inquiries, contact you requesting your input, and/or respond to other requests or questions.
- If we have questions about the information you provided on a form, we may contact you via email or by phone for this purpose.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you enter, submit, or access your personal information.
- All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into the Angler Action Database to be only accessed by those authorized with special access rights to the Angler Action systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
- After a transaction, your private information (credit cards, social security numbers, financials, etc.) will not be stored on the Angler Action servers.
Yes. Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computers hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the sites or service providers systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating the Angler Action website, conducting Angler Action business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce the Angler Action site policies, or protect Angler Action or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Do we share data for marine research and fisheries management?
The Angler Action program collects recreational angler catch data for use in basic scientific research and stock assessment, with the goal of better-informed fishery management, and abundant, accessible fish populations.
Your personal information is removed when shared with researchers for these purposes.
The state and county where you are fishing is needed information for current stock assessments. When anglers provide more specific location information, its use is restricted to applications in habitat and fish distribution studies, with preset limitations on specificity, protection and sharing of data.
Use of Aggregate Information:
Some information we collect on this website may be shared with third parties on an aggregate (non-individual) basis.
Third party links
Occasionally, at Angler Action discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on the Angler Action website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of the Angler Action site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance (COPPA)
The Angler Action website is in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act), we do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. The Angler Action website, products and services are designed and directed to participants who are at least 13 years old or older.
Snook & Gamefish Foundation
Angler Action Project
1505 West Terrace Drive
Lake Worth, FL, 33460.